Select to view content in your preferred language

Activating Map Tab is slow

08-02-2024 12:02 PM
Labels (2)
AlexanderGray
Regular Contributor II

I have a project with two maps.  The first map has some layers which are featureclasses in an entreprise geodatabase on a database server and some layers in a local file geodatabase and the second map has some layers in a local fgdb only this one is active by default in the project.  The first map is understandably slow to load since I am on a vpn.  The problem is the second map is just as slow to activate when I click on the tab even though there are no network layers on it.   If I remove all the network layers from the first map, the first map is fast, which I get but the second map is fast too...  I don't understand why a map would be slower to activate based on another map that is already loaded.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you using Pro from your local machine or VPN?

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Regular Contributor II

local but some of the data is thru VPN.  Those maps I expect to be slow.

0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Might be a performance optimization issue with the software. May be worth opening up a ticket with ESRI?

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
jenifferjackson
New Contributor

It is like the performance issue might be related to how the project handles resources and caching. Even though the second map doesn’t have network layers, it could still be affected by the overall squishmallow halloween project settings or memory usage. Try checking if there are any background processes or settings that might be influencing the activation speed. Also, optimizing layer visibility and reviewing project settings might help improve the performance.

0 Kudos
AlexanderGray
Regular Contributor II

All layers are turned off in both maps.  In fact I tried with having no layers at all  in the second map and it was still slow to activate.

0 Kudos
ShaneONeill_144
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos