Accessing popups through map layers

Jump to solution
08-10-2021 07:51 AM
SReiser
New Contributor

Hi,

I have 2 map layers. 1) Applications by Territory (graduated colors) & 2) Confirmations by Territory (graduated symbols). For display order 1) then 2) when I click on a territory (graduated color), I get the application data for that territory as expected. But when I click on a graduated symbol (pink bubble) I don't get the confirmation data for the territory. I still get the application data. If I switch the display order of the maps, I get the converse (confirmation data in both cases). I would like to be able to click on the territory and get the application data and click on the pink bubbles and get the confirmation data. Is there someway to get the desired behavior? Also, will this carry forward when I publish online to a dashboard?

SReiser_0-1628606793490.png

Thanks!

Sue

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Could you screenshot both experiences with the popups?  So in the first instance it only has the popup for the polygon, you can't click the arrow in the popup to view across multiple features i.e. 1of2, 2of2?

Is the point centre at the centre of the symbol or is there some offset e.g. maybe just clicking slightly in the wrong location?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Could you screenshot both experiences with the popups?  So in the first instance it only has the popup for the polygon, you can't click the arrow in the popup to view across multiple features i.e. 1of2, 2of2?

Is the point centre at the centre of the symbol or is there some offset e.g. maybe just clicking slightly in the wrong location?

SReiser
New Contributor

Hi Dave. Thanks for responding. The first picture is of the polygon click (no where near the pink bubble):

SReiser_0-1628610718010.png

The second picture is of the click on the pink bubble:

SReiser_1-1628610836000.png

There doesn't appear to be any 'next record' indicators. Also, I noticed when I click the bubble, it highlights it briefly then jumps to highlighting the territory (??)

Sue

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

sorry, for whatever reason I thought you were on ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
SReiser
New Contributor

I will be sharing it online then creating a dashboard. I just thought I should get all the functionality working in Pro before sharing. Thanks for trying to help.

You know, it's odd but if I layer point data over top, I can get popups for the individual points. Maybe graduated symbols & graduated colors can't be used in this way.

0 Kudos
SReiser
New Contributor

Hi David,

I shared my maps to ArcGIS Online and lo and behold the record option became available. I'd better document this one 🙂

0 Kudos