Select to view content in your preferred language

499 error - Saved ArcGIS Server connection in ArcGIS Pro

12-07-2022 01:05 PM
Labels (1)
gmcgwn
by
Emerging Contributor

I manage some secured services on ArcGIS Server 10.6.1. Credentialed users add an ArcGIS Server connection in the client app and can then interact with our feature services. These users come from a variety of organizations with qualified professionals requiring access to data that my organization curates.

I have a user today reporting the following errors when reopening an .aprx where a connection to our services is saved:

<Event time="Wed Dec 07 10:21:16.197" type="Error" thread="6500: Main CIM worker thread" elapsed="0" function="DrawGraphicCursor.NextGraphic" code="">There is an error during the draw Projects (1.) Authentication token required,(2.)  (status code 499).</Event>

<Event time="Wed Dec 07 10:21:16.197" type="Error" thread="6500: Main CIM worker thread" elapsed="0" function="DrawVectorLayer.DrawGraphics" code="">There is an error drawing layer:  Projects</Event>

They say they cannot get the connection working again after reopening the .aprx, and that it only works when a new connection is made in a new project. They also report that they can perform an identify on attributes from the feature service but can't see the geometries (consistent with the functions mentioned in the error, I guess). 

Credentials for the server connection were saved with Windows Credential Manager. I have been unable to reproduce this issue using the same login and saving in my own Windows Credential Manager (for both of us, within WCM 'Persistence' is set to 'Enterprise' for this login when saved). We have several hundred users from a variety of organizations that have been using these services for a number of years. This is the first I have heard of this specific problem. This makes me think it could be something with this user's organization's internal settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Replies