3D Multipatch editing issues in ArcGIS Pro

02-20-2020 10:25 AM
Robert_CraigAshby1
New Contributor III

I am running into a couple of issues that hopefully I can get some help with.  

1. When attempting to digitize a long somewhat linear feature at a constant elevation.  It's often not digitizing the multipatch at the proper elevation I have set in the Z constant field.  It's latching on the surface elevation of the 1st click point when I am attempting to digitize a lock chamber of a Lock and Dam. I have to reset the Z constant field back to the correct elevation.
    1. Which is not correct  because I have set the Layer Properties to be at an absolute height and have set my z mode to constant value.
    2. When I complete my digitization effort.  The extrusion isn't uniformly being applied to the completed polygon.  It will only extrude part of the completed polygon for some reason.
  2. When I attempt to snap to an existing vertex of multipatch and attempt to digitize a new multipatch, by the time I come back around to the the original vertex to close my new multipath; It's losing the original existing vertex snap.  This is a problem because the new and original multipatch no longer are coincidental

I am finding 3D editing in Pro to be very limited in the ability to create accurate 3D objects for this reason.

0 Kudos
0 Replies