Select to view content in your preferred language

3d editing - moving multipatch features along z axis disabled

07-07-2022 10:50 PM
Mat
by
New Contributor

Hi team, 

I am using ArcGis Pro 2.6 and working more and more in 3D space. However, I bump into an recurring issue when editing features: the vertical arrow of the move gizmo seems disabled and I have no way to move a feature vertically. 

I suspect a configuration issue, or an option selected somewhere, however cannot resolve. Has anyone a suggestion ? 

cheers

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RodneyChin
Esri Contributor

Hey Mat,

My name is Rodney and I work with the 3D Data & Editing Team. Can you take a look at the properties of your 3D Layer? You can do this by double clicking the feature layer in the Contents pane. Then select the Elevation tab on the left. Are your features set to, "On the ground" or "At an absolute height?"

RodneyChin_0-1657294037664.png

If it's set to On the ground, change the setting to absolute height and you should be able to move in the Z-axis with the move tool.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RodneyChin
Esri Contributor

RodneyChin_1-1657294141295.png

This is the layer set to Absolute height

0 Kudos
Mat
by
New Contributor

Thanks Rodney, I checked the layer settings and the elevation mode was as expected: absolute height. 
In the mean time I have found holding Ctrl during the move operation displays the z arrow to relocate the axis. Hovering on it allows the input box to display for the z axis, and to persist with Ctrl released. Using Tab I managed to cycle to this input and to enter a z axis value, allowing to actually move the feature. 
still no arrow displayed though.very odd workaround, not sure if it comes form the software, the project settings or from my install. 

0 Kudos