How do we access the ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence Tools in ArcGIS 2.6.1?

Jump to solution
09-18-2020 03:33 PM
MichaelRaney
New Contributor

We have already updated to ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1 in July 2020, but now have learned about ArcGIS Pro for intelligence. In my research I noticed it was part of the upgrade to ArcGIS Pro 2.6.1, but we didn't choose that option during the original install of ArcGIS Pro back a couple of versions ago. Do we have to uninstall and reinstall whilst choosing that option to include ArcGIS Pro for Intelligence?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Once you've installed the application, you start AGP slightly different from core AGP to access/utilize ArcGIS Pro Intelligence.  Go the Windows Start Button-ArcGIS-ArcGIS Pro Intelligence.  This will start AGP in a different mode for intel analysts.  In addition, you'll see Installed Intelligence Help as well as a web link to the online help for Intelligence.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just run the installer (or double-click from Add/Remove Programs) and select Modify, and then make sure the intelligence tools are installed:

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Do these intelligence capabiliites translate into services that you can publish to Enterprise or AGOL from Pro?

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I don't understand your question.  There are not "intelligence services," per se, but there is nothing stopping you from publishing a map service from the results of analyses using these tools.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

I was thinking of a geoprocessing service that uses the intelligense at run time in a web applucation.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Since a geoprocessing service would be running on a server, whether the tools work would depend on what is installed on the server and how the server is licensed.  You would need to ask your IT service provider or whoever installs and manages ArcGIS Enterprise about it.

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Once you've installed the application, you start AGP slightly different from core AGP to access/utilize ArcGIS Pro Intelligence.  Go the Windows Start Button-ArcGIS-ArcGIS Pro Intelligence.  This will start AGP in a different mode for intel analysts.  In addition, you'll see Installed Intelligence Help as well as a web link to the online help for Intelligence.  Good luck!