Visible path for open tables

10-07-2022 07:26 AM
Labels (1)
xyz_AL
by
New Contributor III

It would be useful to get the full path of open tables in ArcGIS Pro: if you right click on a table/FC from the Catalog Pane and select "Open Table" then you're not able to know the data source of your open table.

Consider if you have many tables open: it would be very confusing to know the table from which geodatabase it belongs.

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

An option to get data source could be to add the "Properties" in the context list:

Screenshot_4.png

9 Comments
AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

To take a look at how this and other Ideas have been implemented, take a look at the Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1  blog and video. 

by Anonymous User

Hi @AmeliaBradshaw I'm looking for this - how is it implemented? I right clicked an attribute table and I don't get the info on the source.

KoryKramer

@Anonymous User when the ability to open tables without adding them to a map was implemented, you would get a blank Contents pane, and as pointed out in this idea, it really wasn't possible to know the table's source. What was added in 3.1 was the information in the Contents pane displaying the table's source.

KoryKramer_0-1680208965502.png

by Anonymous User

ah ok. Not what I thought. Thanks!

Bud
by

Do we need a separate idea?

Something like: "Open table properties from attribute table to determine source"

Bud_1-1680209311497.png

by Anonymous User

yes, I think that would be a great idea. 

KoryKramer

@Bud in your screenshot you have a table that is already added to a map, not opened directly. If you have a use case, you can submit a new idea.

Thank you

Bud
by
xyz_AL
by

Hi @AmeliaBradshaw ,

glad to know that my idea was good. But I do not see my name in the list of the contributors, as you mentioned in your previous post 😞

Screenshot 2023-10-16 105733.png