View GeoPDF Files in ArcMap

07-28-2010 02:56 PM
Labels (1)
DouglasCaldwell
New Contributor III

GeoPDF formatted data represents a large and growing source of information. The US Geological Survey is creating all new US Topo products in GeoPDF format and the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency is releasing scanned map products in GeoPDF format.

It would be a great help if ArcMap would be able to display these GeoPDF products ... at least as a background map ... if not exploit their content further.

118 Comments
jamesweigant

geoPDF files?  What gives?  They should be accessable (period), yes?
MearaButler1
The USGS GeoPDFs of historic topoquads are full of very useful information that would be even more awesome if it was accessible in ArcMap.
DavidGraves1
Please throw us a bone, here.   We should be able to open and view any type of georeferenced data using ArcMap.
JohnEsch
Hey ESRI what is taking so long get off your duff and get it done
ReneOhms
Please allow for use of GeoPDFs! 
CarlosIsaac_Cabrera
The fault rests on the USGS.  I think it was a horrible decision and I don't know how they created a fee to see something created with public money.  If GeoPDF is such a good thing why doesn't ESRI just buy out the company and make it part of core?  I see this as win win. 
JohnDye
seriously...why doesnt ESRI just license or even outright buy TerraGo and make GeoPDFs native.
AlexZhuk
Wow, I've never seen so much unanimity from the users!
ESRI, is it a way to stall the competion from TerraGo? GeoPDF is already here, admit it, and ride on it.
AprilVan_Wyke
Any day now...
MatthewXi
please.