View GeoPDF Files in ArcMap

07-28-2010 02:56 PM
Labels (1)
DouglasCaldwell
New Contributor III

GeoPDF formatted data represents a large and growing source of information. The US Geological Survey is creating all new US Topo products in GeoPDF format and the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency is releasing scanned map products in GeoPDF format.

It would be a great help if ArcMap would be able to display these GeoPDF products ... at least as a background map ... if not exploit their content further.

118 Comments
JohnVarner
Agreed - please implement the ability to utilize Georeferenced PDF's and to Import them with ArcGIS basic or workgroup licenses.
BruceJoffe
ESRI product users need to access GeoPDFs through ArcMap without buying an expensive add on.
NicholasSalcedo
I cast a strong vote here to get GeoPDFs displayed in ArcGIS. Thank You.
lianduan
That would be great!
JohnKarachewski
Please add GeoPDF capabilities to ArcGIS. The USGS provides important geospatial datasets that should be integrated with ArcGIS. Thanks.
DaveDonley
Sooner, is definately better!  ESRI, please add this capability to ArcGIS.
MichaelHoose
Please move this to the front of the line!
by Anonymous User
PLEASE do this right away! Frankly, I do not understand why you would choose NOT to support the latest cool mapping product for the masses from USGS. GeoPDFs are common and widely used in my work. ESRI products ought to support this and other common data formats. You may be sure that your competitors will be doing this.
RosieYacoub
Layered topographic maps!  We all want them.  This is the best way to get them.
CattyannCampbell
Give us the ability to create GeoPDF similar to what a couple of software companies out there are already doing. Export as PDF should be Export as GeoPDF and a toolbar on the PDF side would also be nice to have so users w/out ArcGIS can interact with their ArcGIS touting buddies!!! Yah I give this one 100 points bonus... Get it done like yesterday PLEASE!