Using Credits for Extension Tools

07-24-2017 12:33 PM
Joel_Marshall
New Contributor II

It would be nice to have the ability use extensions and/or their individual tools in ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online for the cost of credits. I feel as ArcGIS Pro matures more and more, customers will need the ability to use 3D Analyst tools, and this feature would be especially beneficial to users as well as ESRI. We were recently in a situation where we were under a deadline, and I would have gladly spent credits for immediate access to 3D Analyst tools, rather than wait a week to obtain a (free) trial license and add it to our license server. ESRI could even scale the credit price based on how long the user wants access to the tool.

2 Comments
KoryKramer

Hi Joel Marshall‌.  This idea has been reviewed.  Since you had categorized it as Routing among other categories, I wanted to make sure that you were aware there are ready-to-use services to accomplish network analysis, such as routing, already available:

Geoprocessing tools that use credits—Appendices | ArcGIS Desktop 

Joel_Marshall

Hi, Kory. Thanks for replying to my idea. I am mainly interested in 3D Analyst tools being available for credits. I am aware that some of the network tools are already available for credits but wasn't sure of the scope, so I just tagged any related topics to make sure something wasn't out.