Style manager user interface

04-20-2023 04:40 AM
Labels (1)
IlkaIllers1
Occasional Contributor III

I find the way to manage styles not very intuitive. When I right-click on a style, for example to delete a symbol from the style, and click on "Manage style", it opens the catalog. On the left, there are all styles, and on the right, I can access the style classes (though it took me a while to find it). 

However, there is no easy way to switch between point, line and polygone symbols in the style - you have to go back completely and open the style again and then you can choose a different style class.

Altogether, I find the style manager pretty clunky and not very easy to work with.

3 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Already Offered

Hi @IlkaIllers1 it sounds like the primary pain point here is this: "there is no easy way to switch between point, line and polygone symbols in the style - you have to go back completely and open the style again and then you can choose a different style class."

Under the Manage tab > Organize group you should see the switcher to change from point to line, etc.

KoryKramer_0-1681994427113.png

This is documented here https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/projects/manage-styles.htm

KoryKramer_1-1681994488810.png

Does that help?

wayfaringrob

@KoryKramer  It's helpful, but I think the point here is that the way styles are managed is really confusing.

IlkaIllers1

@KoryKramer thank you, that does make it easier. I did not see the Manage tab pop up. Now I know where to look it is alright. Still think it is clunky and confusing especially when you don't know where to look though...