Split Screen Capabilities

02-01-2012 08:10 AM
LaurenSturm
Occasional Contributor
In my occupation, I often have to refer to several different maps at one time. Having the split screen would be very helpful and make the process much faster. It would essentially be having two separate ArcMap documents open in one Window and being able to switch between the two easily and quickly. Each side having the same abilities as if it were the only one open. I feel this would be very helpful.
5 Comments
BruceLang
Great idea.  Splitting the data view and viewing/editing two areas from one map document would also be good.
LeeDavis1
You could create multiple data frames in layout and edit there. OR you can use magnifier window which can be used for editing. Give it a try.
LaurenSturm
Right but I may have two completely different projects going on but need both of them up at the same time. I would not be able to bring in another project into a new data frame in the firsts project,. I do the sewers for different clients and their projects are not related but I do similar things for both of them so I would like to display them side by side in the same window by using a split screen. 
VanCorey1
It would be nice to have split screen capabilities for picking control points between 2 or more images.
ScottPrindle
This capability is currently available in ArcGIS Pro. Multiple views can be open side by side, and can be linked as well. More information on this capability can be found here: http://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/mapping/navigation/introduction-to-linked-views.htm. Are you able to complete these same tasks using ArcGIS Pro and views?