For example if I have a feature class which consist more than 300000 Data, I want to split the feature class of 1000 data in each layer.
I have developed a tool in ArcGIS which can do this functions.
Select your Feature class
Select the Number you want to split for eg 100,2500,6989 etc
And the give the output path where you want the data.
I dont know if ArcGIS offers similar functions since most of the data is split by Fields ..
Can anyone can share any thoughts on this??
priyank sameer I guess my thoughts/questions would be these:
1. What is the end goal of splitting the original dataset?
2. Are you splitting simply by the order in the table (e.g. ObjectID1-100, 101-200, etc.), or by spatial order?
3. Depending on the answers to 1 and 2, you might consider:
1. Sort using the shape field to sort features spatially: Sort—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop
2. You could split using the Split—Help | ArcGIS Desktop tool but that doesn't allow you to control the number of output features.
3. Reclassify your data Calculate Field examples—Data Management toolbox | ArcGIS Desktop
and then Split By Attributes—Help | ArcGIS Desktop based on the reclassed field.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.