Sky in ArcGIS Pro

06-08-2016 12:39 AM
Labels (1)
AnjaReimer
New Contributor II

To make te 3D complete in ArcGIS Pro, I would like to see some clouds. Now it's impossible to turn on the sky.

5 Comments
PavelSenyushkin

Could you elaborate on that, please? For example, how realistic do you want the clouds to be?

LauraKranenburg

Hi Pavel,

From my perspective, I just want to be able to chose from a few static cloud backgrouds,   high cirrus, puffy cumulous, and maybe a couple lower sun angles, not sunsets, but to give some depth to the horizon.

PavelSenyushkin

I see - just for depth reference then, as a background. There are atmospheric lighting effects (Illumination/Show atmospheric effects checkbox in scene properties), do they help for the depth perception and horizon?

LauraKranenburg

The atmospheric effect only works for global scene, and it's just a haze, and not adjustable.  I am looking for a solution mainly for local scenes.  Adjustable haze in the local scene would be step in the right direction, but what I'd prefer is a mixed cloud/sky effect above the horizon.

JustinBerke1

I used a layer mask effect in GIMP/Photoshop to replace the uniform background color with a static image of a sky. Pro still doesn't seems to have good solution to add an image file as a background instead of a color. Even if it's nothing more than an immovable background image and doesn't move with the scene, it's better than a basic solid color; and it saves an extra step of additional software for image exports.

https://i.imgur.com/7DtM6b2.png