Show correct file size for shapefiles

01-05-2021 06:00 AM
Labels (1)
MarkVolz
Occasional Contributor III

I noticed that ArcGIS Pro Catalog does not reflect the correct file size for shapefiles.  It appears that the catalog view reflects the size of the .shp file, but not the other files such as the .dbf file.  I noticed this when I deleted many fields from a shapefile layer and the resulting file was still the same in the catalog view.

2 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Hi @MarkVolz Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  

Since ArcGIS Ideas is not designed as a bug logging system (see #2 in the Pre-submission Considerations section of the Submission Guidelines), we're closing this idea.

However, I did submit [BUG-000136547: Shapefile Size displayed in Catalog View only accounts for the .shp file and does not include other component files such as .cpg, .dbf, .prj, .sbn, .sbx, or .shx.] which will be evaluated by the development team.

This will now be handled through the bug tracking system, so if you would like to follow it, you can contact technical support to be attached to the bug.  Alternatively, the bug will be published to support.esri.com (this will happen after a copy review process so is not immediate) - you will be able to find it there and click Subscribe to get set up for notifications about status updates.

Thank you!

KoryKramer

This can be tracked at https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzNjU0Nw== and using the Subscribe button:

KoryKramer_0-1614349784305.png