Set Domains in Create Feature Class

03-11-2021 12:42 PM
Labels (1)
NathanHeickLACSD
Occasional Contributor III

Please add the ability to specify the domain for a field when defining fields in the Create Feature Class tool.  It used to be available in ArcMap when you created tables by right-clicking on a geodatabase.

Tags (1)
8 Comments
DuncanHornby

You need to be clearer which Create FeatureClass tool you are talking about as the Create FeatureClass  geoprocessing tool does not allow you to "define a field" in either ArcMap or ArcPro.

KoryKramer

You're correct @DuncanHornby Since in reviewing this I noted the same thing, and since the idea's description says "right-clicking on a geodatabase" the difference is with the create feature class wizard (not geoprocessing tool).

I changed the idea's label from Geoprocessing to Geodatabase so that the correct team can take a look.

Thank you!

NathanHeickLACSD

Yes, I meant the Create Feature Class wizard.  Sorry, I'm learning ArcGIS Pro and I got the impression that the wizard was actually a GP tool.  I was referring to the pane that opens up when you right-click on a geodatabase and choose New --> Feature Class.  I would swear there are wizards that became GP tools in ArcGIS Pro.

KoryKramer

No worries, Nathan.  We've got it and understand the request!

SSWoodward
Status changed to: In Product Plan

SSWoodward

Thank you for the idea!

In ArcGIS Pro 3.1, users will be able to assign domains to fields when creating classes in the class wizards.  Additionally, domain assignments from imported fields will auto-populate in the class wizard when a matching domain is present in the destination workspace. For more about what's new in geodatabases in 3.1 check out our latest blog.

Link - What's new with Geodatabases in 3.1

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Implemented

This functionality has been implemented for ArcGIS Pro 3.1

AmeliaBradshaw

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.