ScreenTips in ArcGIS Pro

04-05-2017 05:38 PM
Labels (1)
AustenPepper
New Contributor III

ScreenTips are a great idea for novice software users but an unwanted distraction for someone who has become familiar with the ArcGIS Pro user interface layout. Please add an option in the settings to disable ScreenTips.

5 Comments
ChrisMatus

I would also love to see this option.  The tips are especially bothersome when editing features in a map.

KoryKramer

Hi @ChrisMatus since you mentioned screentips being bothersome when editing, I just want to clarify that you are voting to disable these; i.e. screentips on the ribbon:

KoryKramer_0-1630602752856.png

vs. these; i.e. snap tips when editing (see https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/wish-to-be-able-to-turn-off-snap-tips-in-arcgis/idi-p...)

KoryKramer_1-1630603047513.png

vs. dynamic constraints

KoryKramer_2-1630603149362.png

Again, just want to make sure you're looking to disable screentips for commands on the ribbon and not the others than I mentioned (which can already be controlled).

Cheers

ChrisMatus

@KoryKramerthanks for this info!  I didn't realize I was able to turn off snap tips in Pro.  I've searched several times for this and only found it after your comment about the Snapping Settings.  This doesn't seem to turn off the tips when georeferncing an image (like a site plan) though.  Anyway that can be disabled?

Being able to disable screen tips for commands, whether in the ribbon or pane, would also be great.  Having more control over these sorts of things would be great for us that have been doing this for 20+ years.

KoryKramer

This is from 2.8.2 with snap tips turned off:

KoryKramer_0-1630606151309.png

And with snap tips turned on:

KoryKramer_1-1630606218978.png

Are you suggesting that you would want the "From point (source)" to be turned off?  If so, that would probably be better as a distinct idea with the Imagery & Raster label.

ChrisMatus

Yes, that is my suggestion.  For me, the From point (source) and To point (target) tips make it difficult to see the points you are choosing.  I don't use the georeference often and can work around it.  It's more of annoyance than anything else.