Save/Load Dynamic (or regular) Text

06-24-2021 12:54 PM
Labels (1)
JenniferBorlick
Occasional Contributor III

I would like to be able to save dynamic or static text that I have created to be able to re-use the text in multiple layouts.

3 Comments
TammiDoyle

Yes!

I regularly use a modified version of Spatial Reference dynamic text (the default is hardly practical) and it would be nice to have an option to save modified versions for quick insert.

AubriKinghorn
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

I'm not sure what you are asking for here, can you provide some more information? You can currently copy the text from one layout to another, as well as save and load queries and arcade expressions. What kind of interface would you like to see as a result of this idea? 

TammiDoyle

I can only respond for my own personal needs, rather than the OP's needs, so hopefully they align.

I regularly add a 'company approved' version of dynamic text that is consistent across all of my figures.  One is Spatial Reference which uses part of the prebuilt Spatial Reference dynamic text and some additional static text. Another example is we have a particular preferred format for projected grid labels (e.g. xxx,xxx mE) that I copy and paste each time into the Map Grid Label Format dynamic text field. It would be nice if they could be saved as a 'style' under Dynamic Text in the ribbon.

Or is this already possible?