Remove 'Click to add new row' from feature class attribute table

04-28-2019 06:42 PM
Labels (1)
MicheleH1_DNReply
Occasional Contributor

Why can you 'Click to add new row' at the bottom of a feature class attribute table in ArcGIS Pro?  I understand it for tables but not for feature classes.  All that happens is you end up clicking there all the time by accident when editing or even just selecting in the attribute table and adding a new row which is not related to any actual feature (point, line or polygon).

Seems like this is an easy way to mess up the data.  In feature classes a new row should only be added to the attribute table when a new feature is added to the feature class.

Can we please have this removed from the bottom on feature class attribute tables but retained for tables?

18 Comments
GeraldHeston

I agree that "click to add new row" is annoying and should not be enabled by default. It's way too easy to accidentally click on it and not notice that you've added a row without a feature. Then I wonder why my feature class has more rows than features, and strange things happen.

JohannaKraus2

Yes to all of this!  It is SO easy to accidently add a row without geometry in PRO and this can cause a lot of problems.  Being able to disable this feature for feature classes (not tables) while editing, would be a huge improvement to PRO and as far as I'm concerned is an equivalency issue since I have spent years of my life editing in arcmap and NEVER accidently added a row.

I have a dataset hosted in agol (hydrants) and don't have the option of editing it in arcmap.  When I export that data to geomedia to make a public safety map (fire trucks, dispatch map) any features added after the accidently added row will not show in the public safety map.  

Please give us a way to disable this option while editing or make it more difficult to add a feature without geometry in PRO.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

JohannaKraus2

@KoryKramer  This is excellent news!  Thanks for sharing 🙂

MicheleH1_DNReply

Yay!  this is great.  Thanks for listening ESRI. 🙂

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in ArcGIS Pro 2.8.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.8 and (6:00) in the video.

JohannaKraus2

@KoryKramer this is great!  I'm down loading 2.8 now 🙂

FlorenciaBonaiuti

Go to: Options / Aplicattion /Table / Set option for adding new rows

and there check the option: "Hide the click to add new row option for feature class tables".