Select to view content in your preferred language

Refresh Domains

11-17-2019 06:05 PM
Labels (1)
MicheleH1_DNReply
Occasional Contributor

I have just finished adding many domains to a new enterprise geodatabase using the Table to Domain tool.  However even after refreshing the database connection when I open the Domain view all the domains I just added do not show up.  I tried removing the database connection and adding it to the project again but with the same result. 

It appears the only way to make these domains show in the Domain view is to close ArcPro and open it again.  This seems clumsy.  It would be great if the refresh of a database connection would actually pull back all changes.  It's a pain to have to close ArcPro just to see this sort of thing.

25 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.

AimeeJones

It's April 2024, version 3.1.1, and this problem still persists. Tried all troubleshoot steps and the only option that updates the domain is to close and reopen the program.

SSWoodward

@AimeeJones , This functionality was released with ArcGIS Pro 3.2.  You'd need to update your client in order to access the new refresh domains feature.

RachelAblondi18

August 2024 running ArcPro 3.3.0 and still having this issue

SSWoodward

Thanks for posting @RachelAblondi18 

Can you share a step by step of your workflow?  In 3.3.0 I am not seeing this behavior.