Quick shortcut to show ALL vertices in ArcPro

11-15-2022 08:38 AM
Labels (1)
ChristopherJStrong
New Contributor III

Currently ArcPro (version 3.0.2) allows you to show vertices by holding the T key, but it only shows the vertices in a square box that you have to hover over a line.  This is incredibly clunky/annoying to use while editing.

In ArcMap, you can hold the V key, and all vertices show up, sometimes they remain shown even after releasing the V key, allowing you to easily (and quickly) create features that snap to existing vertices.  

Idea: Modify the T key in ArcPro to show all vertices of a feature, and better yet, keep the vertices shown until you hit the T key again.

2 Comments
JosphatMutunga

@ChristopherJStrong When an edit tool is active and you press the T key, a search of all snappable points (Point, Endpoint, Vertex, and Midpoint) within your defined snap tolerance (default is 10 pixels) occurs at the cursor location on the map with results displayed in a snap cache. You can limit the display cache results by disabling snap agents e.g., only enable vertex snap agent to show results of vertices on the line feature. One thing to note here is that you do not have to hover over a feature to display the snap cache.

Snapping needs to be ON to display snap cache using the T key. One way you can show all vertices of a line is to increase the snap tolerance interactively  or manually typing  value in Editor Settings dialog so that the display snap cache covers the entire length of a given feature.

When snapping is OFF, hovering over a feature then pressing the T key highlights all vertices on that feature, similar to ArcMap behavior. I’d suggest trying if this works for you.

JosphatMutunga_0-1668625794801.png

In addition to this, you can use marker symbol layer with marker placements at vertices along the line feature.

JosphatMutunga_1-1668626472277.png

I hope this helps. 

CarlosGutierrez4

Although I prefer the ArcMap method, it is nice to know you can do this in Pro.

@JosphatMutunga, what is the name of the tool in Pro that displays the snap cache? I would love to reassign the shortcut key to the letter v.