Select to view content in your preferred language

Prioritize keeping Quick Access Toolbar open over command search, organization name, project name

03-22-2023 08:00 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason as to when the QAT decides to collapse itself. Here is before and after restoring and (re)-maximizing the window:

rburke_0-1679496657090.png

rburke_1-1679496674383.png

In both states, the window is maximized, but there is no consistency as to whether the QAT shows me all my icons or if it collapses some. Depending on the restored window size, the restore-maximize trick doesn't always work. This adds unnecessary and unpredictable extra clicks to get basic things done. Muscle memory is so much better in ArcMap and this adds to the problem in "Pro." It's not much of a "quick" access bar if it takes extra clicks on a dropdown or constant restore/maximize operations just to use it. I don't want to have to move it below the ribbon tabs, as that would be even more wasteful of screen space and susceptible to movement (e.g. when ribbon is pinned open vs closed).

If the QAT is showing all its icons, using command search not only collapses it much more than it needs to, but it doesn't return to its icon or even back to the right when finished -

before searching:

rburke_0-1682700442658.png

after searching:

rburke_1-1682700462908.png

To enhance usability, muscle memory, and efficiency, please prioritize QAT icons over things like command search and my name and organization in the title bar. For these reasons, it would be great if command search could stay put (e.g. align right), too.

Related:

Hide name & organization from title bar - Esri Community

Please move the Command Search box back to the rig... - Esri Community

ArcGIS Pro: Option to Enable Dockable Toolbars and... - Esri Community