Select to view content in your preferred language

Publish planned Pro release dates online

08-06-2024 09:18 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Esteemed Contributor

As far as I know, the Esri website doesn't tell us when the next release date is planned for minor versions of ArcGIS Pro.

For example, 3.4 includes helpful fixes and features. But when is it planned to be released?

It seems like Esri is happy to post that information in comments in the Pro community, so it's not as if it's a secret. But that only helps if we happen to stumble across one of those comments.

3 Comments
RTPL_AU

@Bud  Does it matter though? It will always be a case of 80% of what you want will be in a release and the critical 20% you need will come soon™
You will wait for the dust to settle or for the x.x.1 version before upgrading in any case 🙂

In all seriousness I don't think they know. Major versions will have some arbitrary deadline but as 3.4, for example, will include critical UI fixes (per Kory) it will only be launched when it is really ready. I suspect Esri is very averse to breaking a published release date if there is a niggle or bug found during RC stages. Look back to the promises in 10.x and the media uproar when it was delayed (exaggerated a bit but I really wanted some feature they promised - was it the LAS stuff in 10.3?)

Bud
by
Bud
by

Comment from Esri on August 16, 2024:

“…ArcGIS Pro 3.4 planned for Oct/Nov 2024”

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/toggle-visibility-for-individual-categories-on/idc-p/...