Select to view content in your preferred language

Pop up for versioning a feature class that you are adding to an already versioned feature dataset

02-09-2023 06:19 AM
Labels (1)
ChloePintarch
New Contributor II

There should be a warning that flags a feature class when you are trying to add it to a branch-versioned feature dataset. I am in 2.7 currently and just dealt with support for weeks for editing errors with no documentation online because I added a feature class that was unversioned to a versioned feature dataset. Feature classes that were already being edited through branch versioning no longer could be edited and it took weeks to get to the bottom of the issue. The flag I'm proposing could have an option to version the new feature class that's being added to the feature dataset exactly as the rest of feature classes so that these errors don't occur!

2 Comments
SSWoodward
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thanks for the idea, @ChloePintarch. Could you help me understand a little more about it?

It sounds like your starting off with a branch versioned feature dataset, which is published, and users are editing this through the published services. After this point, how and where are you adding the additional class to the feature dataset? I'd like to reproduce your workflow so I can see where this proposed flag might be most useful for users. 

Thank you, kindly.

SSWoodward
Status changed to: Closed

This idea will be closed until further clarification is provided.