Please change raster pixelType property string values

11-23-2022 09:48 AM
Labels (1)
Eniac-6
New Contributor III

When trying to use RasterInfo to pass the pixel type value of raster tiles that will be fed into the arcpy MosaicToNewRaster function, an error results because the string value stored in RasterInfo does not match the values expected in MosaicToNewRaster. For example, with a 32-bit float raster, can we please have either a Raster object's pixel type value be '32_BIT_FLOAT' or have MosaicToNewRaster be able to read in '32F' in this case ? Or better yet, can MosaicToNewRaster be able to infer pixel type (and band count for that matter) as it is able to infer spatial reference and cell size?

From https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/445836/feed-pixel-type-of-tiles-into-mosaictonewraster:

# import arcpy, os

# Check out the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension license
arcpy.CheckOutExtension("Spatial")
arcpy.env.workspace = "My_Data_Directory_Path"

# Create list of input raster tiles
list_opr_tiles = arcpy.ListRasters()
list_tile_paths = [os.path.join("My_Data_Directory_Path", tile) for tile in list_opr_tiles]

# Instantiate instance of RasterInfo object
rasInfo = arcpy.Raster(list_tile_paths[0]).getRasterInfo()

# Assign variable to raster's pixelType property
string_pixel_type = rasInfo.getPixelType()

# Assign variable to raster's bandCount property
string_band_count = rasInfo.getBandCount()

arcpy.MosaicToNewRaster_management(input_rasters = list_tile_paths, output_location = "My_Output_Directory_Path", raster_dataset_name_with_extension = "My_Mosaic_Name", pixel_type = string_pixel_type, number_of_bands = string_band_count)

Tags (2)
3 Comments
by Anonymous User

@Eniac-6 - Thanks for bringing this up. Our development team will look into this issue.

Regards

Saravanan
Product Engineer, Raster team - Esri

Eniac-6

Thank you, @Anonymous User !

JesseCloutier

Note: ‎11-29-2022 04:35 AM post from Anonymous User by @SaravananMuthukaruppan