Select to view content in your preferred language

Pin layer in Contents pane

09-26-2022 02:50 PM
Labels (1)
CalebSmith3
Occasional Contributor

In Pro, it would be useful to have a way to “pin” a layer to the top of the Table of Contents to make sure that the layer is always on top of all other layers.
Obviously we can just reorder manually, but this would be a time saver for users when working in a map frame with lots of layers, or when working in a map frame where layers are frequently added and deleted. 

Tags (2)
5 Comments
Bud
by

I like this idea. Would we want to only pin a single layer as always on top? Or multiple?

alex_vanko

This would be extremely helpful! Drives me crazy when the boundary layers I want at the top get bumped down every time I add a new layer.

RandyMcGregor_BMcD

Great idea. I am moving a layer up each time a geoprocessing output comes in on top of it.

MariahBlackhorse1

I was just searching online to see if there is a way to do that...

RossSmail

This would be very helpful - as per Randy's comment from April 2023, having GP output that comes in above reference layers you'd like to overlay the results is irritating. Ideally -for me - I think you'd be able to pin a layer or group layer and have it retain its location relative to the top of the table of contents.

Additionally, adding some options to the layer context menu such as 'move to top' would be useful too.