Select to view content in your preferred language

Pie chart category order

11-28-2011 03:27 PM
Labels (1)
GeraldineMoore2
New Contributor III

0EM30000000Cu9D
I would love it to be easier to set the order of fields appearing in a pie chart.

I have charts displaying around 24 fields because that is the resolution of data my client wants.  To make the pies more intelligible to the reader, I ensure similar categories are drawn alongside one another and given different tones of the same colour.  However, I find the field order control is frustrating to use.  It would be great if I could:

• Rescale the window to see more fields at once.
  • Select multiple fields at once to move up or down the sequence.
  • Use drag and drop to reorder fields.

I would also like it if changing the order of the fields did not reset defaults.  Changing the order of fields can undo changes I have made to the symbology for each field and refinements I have made to the field names appearing in the map's table of contents.

2 Comments
JurajKrumpolec
That's right, arrow buttons are a complete catastrophe.
Similar idea: Drag and Drop instead of arrow buttons.
RichardFairhurst
If you support this request you should also consider supporting the idea to Redesign the Symbology Dialog as well https://c.na1.visual.force.com/apex/ideaView?id=08730000000bs6nAAA  Almost anything is better than the one symbol at a time configuration that prevails right now for virtually all symbol settings.