Option allowing user to remove scroll wheel functionality in table view

10-28-2019 03:13 AM
Labels (1)
RichardHowe
Occasional Contributor III

The only scroll wheel behaviour within a table in ArcMap is to scroll through the table's contents, regardless of whether a cell or row is selected or not.

In Pro, if a cell value is selected (in a numeric field) the scroll wheel will scroll through adjacent values in that cell.

For users who are used to ArcMap's behaviours and who are entering lots of information in table view this is dangerous behaviour and a slight unnoticed nudge of the mouse can lead to data errors.

I can see arguments for this functionality, but it would be nice to have an option to switch it off so the scroll wheel will only scroll through the table itself.

2 Comments
MitchPhillips

Did not know about this. Bad functionalitty IMHO!

RichardHowe

I would also add to this the ability to switch off the auto-sort behaviour whilst editing a table.

If you are editing the field used to sort the table then it re-sorts itself the moment a value is changed. Again, this is a change from ArcMap behaviour and not a welcome one.

A list of table options that you could enable or disable would be great.

It seems to me that most of the slugishness in editing in tables comes from the fact that the data is auto-refreshing after every single edit. There really isn't any need.