Not Responding - Corrupt MXD

10-15-2012 10:26 AM
ChadFoster
Occasional Contributor
Please make an MXD a more stable work environment.  I can't tell you how many times I have to completely redo my MXD's because they get "corrupted."  I would really like to see you focus on providing a stable work environment for the users of ArcMap. 

I also can not stand the "Not Responding" message that I encounter on a daily basis while trying to do simple edits. 
Tags (1)
3 Comments
StephenWepprich4
I deal with "not responding" exactly every 15 minutes all day. I've reinstalled ArcMap, checked power setting, deleted the normal file, called tech support. Now it's worse, ArcMap takes several minutes to open and ArcCatalog won't close without ending it in task manager. I have a Windows 7 machine that exceeds ESRI's minimum requirements. It's ridiculous.
JeffGuy
Constant "Not responding" messages in ArcMap. Worse software I use on a daily basis.
MichaelVolz

Have you checked if the video card meets requirements.  The video card has been the source of some ArcMap issues for my organization.  One potential simple solution is to disable your video card and then re-enable the video card.  This solution fixed the problem for a user who was crashing mxds on his machine, but the same mxds could be opened by him on other computers as well as by others on other computers.

Check this link:

Is my display driver is causing issues with ArcMap? | Support Services Blog