Select to view content in your preferred language

No time in Date field

04-07-2019 09:46 PM
Labels (1)
MicheleH1_DNReply
Occasional Contributor

It would be great in ArcPro if there was the ability to not record time as part of the date.

One possibility would be a setting on the field that doesn't show the time portion of the date - anywhere in pro, attribute table, selection clauses etc.  Maybe with this setting the time it defaults to 12.00am even when you use the 'Today' feature of the date picker.

It just seems to me that more often than not the time  feature that is entered into a feature class is generally not needed.  I understand in some circumstance it is but generally speaking it's too precise for any real use and it would be good it this information was not shown to users.

If there is a way to do this already please let me know!

11 Comments
AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 as the new Date Only field. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.