Minimize Floating Attribute Tables in ArcGIS Pro

02-03-2015 09:08 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many have posted in the past about the ability to minimize attribute tables in ArcMap (current release 10.3). A few links are here: , ,
The problem remains in the first release of ArcGIS Pro 1.0.0. Close, Maximize and Restore options are all present, but no Minimize. Justification for this functionality has been given numerous times in other posts since 2010. Please consider bringing this basic functionality back into both products.
0EME0000000HGt8

26 Comments
DavidWheelock
And RESTORE button, as well.  So that we have Minimize, Maximize and Restore buttons.
KatharinaDubach
Yes, yes, yes! Minimize and separate tables, please
JasonSchroeder
ESRI - "E.SRI S.ucks at R.edesigning I.nterfaces"

I love to see the emergence of alternative GIS software packages. Think of how dominant Apple used to be with the iPhone. Forcing these changes on a user base that does not want these changes, only makes people look for alternatives. It might be a little while before you start to lose massive customers, but stubborn changes like this make it obvious that is exactly what will happen.
by Anonymous User
Update: An enhancement request has been logged with the development team.

ENH-000085021:
[Add the ability to minimize the attribute table pane in ArcGIS Pro.]
AdrienneTruex
WHY was it ever removed in the first place?!
ChazArmijo

Any updates on this?

BerndtNording

5 years later this is still an issue.

BerndtNording

This all worked like normal windows in ArcView 3.x.  Then it went to really bad in ArcGIS 9.x. Unbelievably, it was made even worse in 10.x. And here it is, 2 decades later, and this nonsense persists in all versions of Pro! C'mon, Windows automatically come with a minimize button, programmers have to remove it to create an incredibly annoying UI like this.

DanPatterson

I questioned and provided this link on the Pro 2.6 beta 1 site.  Had forgotten about it.  Needed for sure

MaryDougherty

Please re-add this basics of basics - the Minimize button, on Attibutute Tables in ArcGIS Pro.