List by Definition Query

05-05-2023 05:39 AM
Labels (1)
JeffreySchmidt3000
New Contributor III

It would be nice to have a list by definition query in the contents of a map, similar to how the list by labels is set up.  Some ability to clear all would also be nice.  

Thanks

2 Comments
KoryKramer

While it isn't exactly a List by Definition Query view, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of the Active Definition Query filter in the Contents pane: https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/mapping/map-authoring/contents-pane.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_...

Applying that filter will show you layers that currently have an active definition query. You could then highlight those layers and clear all the active definition queries from the Data tab > Definition Query group.

KoryKramer_0-1683290959351.png

JeffreySchmidt3000

Thank you, I have used the filter option in contents, but any given day my definition queries may change and a List By option would greatly simplify the process to switch between them. 

I didnt realize that you could have multiple items selected and use the contextual ribbons.  I feel like the majority of what I have been taught, or rather I have interpreted, is that contextual ribbons are associated with a single layer rather than multiple items.  Something to keep in mind, because while that works for definition queries, other ribbon tools like Data > Export Group > Export table is available, yet only works for one... Feels like mixed signals from the UI.  I learned something tho... thanks!

Edit:  I am using Pro 2.9.5