Keep activated ribbon tab activated when switching contexts.

04-25-2019 06:51 AM
Labels (1)
JohnHayes2
New Contributor III

For those of us who use custom tabs with frequently used tools, the ribbon can shuffle which tabs are activated while switching contexts.  This can happen when going from layout to map views for example.  If the custom tab is activated, it should stay activated when switching contexts.  

When you switch from map view to layout view, if your custom tab is selected it stays activated.  When you switch from layout view to map view it resorts to the Map tab.

5 Comments
MiguelMartinezYordan

Please add the option to disable the smart icon turning on and off when selecting different layers. It takes to much resources and slows down the performance.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Thank you for submitting this idea, @MiguelMartinezYordan 

Can you provide clarification as to what you mean by "smart icons"?  Including a screenshot with markup, or a gif that demonstrates what you're referring to will help us understand the request.

Thanks!

KoryKramer

@MiguelMartinezYordan Based on the screenshots that you sent to the Esri Community team, it looks to me like this idea already exists as https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/keep-activated-ribbon-tab-activated-when-switching-co... 

Could you look at that and confirm?

If you do not feel that it captures your request, please update the title and description of this idea and include the screenshots that you emailed.

Thanks

MiguelMartinezYordan
Yes, just give us an option to disable automatic ribbon switching when switching between content view and layout view. And on any other case. Thanks.
wayfaringrob

+1 to this. I created my own tab to try and mitigate the amount of tab switching (auto or manual), but since it doesn't stay active, there isn't any less switching.