Select to view content in your preferred language

Increase scroll bar width in ArcGIS Pro

08-30-2017 10:43 AM
Labels (1)
CharlesFinley
New Contributor III

The scroll bars in Arc Pro are about half the size of what you see in a typical web browser, word doc, or even ArcMap. 

Any possibility of making them larger, for easier navigation of tables and windows?

25 Comments
RobertHursey

YEEESSSS!!!! It is frustratingly hard to grab!

KoryKramer

This is In Product Plan for ArcGIS Pro 2.9 @RobertHursey planned to be available sometime in November 2021.

by Anonymous User

@KoryKramer oh, thank goodness! 🙂 yay!

RobertHursey

YES!!! Good call Y'all!

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

Scrollbar width has been increased in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.

See Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9, go directly to 5:09 in the video, or upgrade to 2.9 to check it out.

JakeKrall

You may have increased the width but it is very little (maybe 2 pixels).  We were anticipating double the width or expand like in Windows when hovering over a scroll bar.  Still have to be too precise when grabbing it.  Please increase the width again or expand it when hovering over it with the mouse.

by Anonymous User

@JakeKrall I agree and would "kudos", or "like", or "thumbs up" your comment if that was available.

RichardCaballero

Hi @JakeKrall I work on the ArcGIS Pro Design team. We updated the scroll bar, this is a first step in series of changes and plan on continuing to make improvements to the User Interface. We are exploring many of the suggestions you mentioned. 

KoryKramer

Thanks for the comment here @RichardCaballero !

@JakeKrall and @Anonymous User User interface scaling was also added in ArcGIS Pro 2.9.  It is definitely not a targeted solution for scrollbars only, but you may try tweaking that up a bit to see if it helps.

KoryKramer_0-1637256522053.png

JakeKrall

@KoryKramer  That did the trick and helped everything else.  I watched the 2.9 video and did not see this.  Thank you Kory!