Select to view content in your preferred language

Logitech MX Master Sideways Scroll

12-29-2021 12:05 PM
Labels (1)
feralcatcolonist_old
Occasional Contributor II

It would be great if sideways scrolling worked "out of the box". The current workaround (for MX Master series) is to go into the logitech software program settings and set the sideways scrolling with keystrokes, per this exchange:

https://community.esri.com/t5/accessibility-questions/logitech-mx-master-horizontal-scroll-wheel-for...

A solution to integrate this functionality would be a nice quality of life improvement for individuals that have invested in these types of peripherals.

6 Comments
wayfaringrob

Another idea mentions bringing this capability to a certain type of mouse but I'd like to see horizontal scrolling work for every trackpad and every type of mouse that has a side scrolling mechanism. Not all mice come with the software mentioned in the workaround, and trackpads are surely out of luck. Trackpads are already quite difficult to use in GIS; this is just insult to injury. Side scroll works fine in ArcMap/ArcCatalog and nearly every other Windows program; going back and forth between Pro and everything else is a little annoying to say the least. Hoping Esri will get with the times on this!

wayfaringrob

I have found one area of the application that responds (not well) to side scrolling - charts. Side scrolling in either direction will "zoom in" on your X axis.

tiztrain

Agreed. Simple feature that would be great when trying to scroll through attribute tables.

tiztrain

This capability would be great to bring to every mouse that has a horizontal scroller

joellavigueur

Controlling the assignment of mouse buttons in general should be an added capability. The second scroller to scroll sideways is a given, but also assigning buttons 4, 5, 6 or tilt wheels. The Logitech MX Master 3S has 6 buttons and 2 wheels, I'm sure other users might have a gaming mouse with many more buttons. It would be useful being able to assign those buttons. 

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Under Consideration