Have new Attribute Tables open in the same docked location, out of the way of the map

11-08-2021 10:49 AM
Labels (1)
Josh-R
by
New Contributor III

Can we have the ability to have new  Attribute tables open in the same docked location, so that the table always stays out of the way of the map pane? Currently, we have three options:

Docked below active map: It opens the table docked below the active map which is useful, however, opening additional tables results in a stacked table sandwich, which gets in the way of viewing the map.

Stacked on top of the active view: This is not helpful as it will open on top of the map if it is active, which again gets in the way of viewing the map.

As a separate floating window, stack additional views on top: this is a step in the right direction. However, it pro never remembers I like to have my table docked so it always opens a floating one, that again blocks my view of the map. If you close pro, and reopen it, it will open a new table as a floating one, instead of in the already docked pane.

What would be great is to combine options 1 and 2, having an attribute open docked below the current map and have additional views stack inside that same dock, making use of the tabs. Bottom-line, keep my tables from obstructing the view of my maps.

Thank you for your consideration!

1 Comment
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

This is a bug that is marked as fixed in ArcGIS Pro 2.9. https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDE0MjI2Mw==

BUG-000142263: Attribute tables docking above on a previously opened attribute table instead of stacking in the same table in ArcGIS Pro.

2.9 should be available later this week.

Thank you!