Force Auto Hide while working

11-18-2010 01:21 PM
AaronAustin
New Contributor III
 I like the way that I can doc the attribute table, table of contents, etc and have them just a tab until I need to use them. The problem I am having is that when I expand the tab, use it and then need to go back to work in the data frame, the auto hide function sometimes takes much longer to initiate than I would like. At that point, my options are to 1. Stop what I'm doing and wait for it to auto hide since I can't see the part of the data frame I need to work on. Or 2. Pin the tab open and then un-pin it. Can you just add a button that instantly reduces it to a tab once it is in auto hide mode?
6 Comments
JurajKrumpolec
 It's right, Auto Hide doesn't work well.
JurajKrumpolec
 It is not possible to undock any window when Auto Hide is on.
JFBellemare
Auto-hide should probably be given higher processor priority than redraw because that's what seems to slow that down for me.
by Anonymous User
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Auto Hide for the Table of Contents is almost worthless. I'm always hitting the Pin button and then Auto Hide again just to get it to go away.
by Anonymous User
Oh, I just figured it out. I have been clicking on the Table of Contents tab while it is auto-hid. This keeps it open with no way to auto-hide again. But if you just hover over it to see it THEN when you mouse away it will auto-hide. I'll have to get used to this. Sometimes it doesn't show up fast enough so that's when I have gotten into the habit of clicking on it.
JessHolderbaum
How about simply a hide toggle.  Click to unhide the table, click again to hide it again?