Find - Linear Referencing Tool for ArcGIS Pro

07-18-2018 11:22 PM
Labels (1)
JaimeReyes
New Contributor II

In ArcMap's Find tool (Binocular icon) there is a tab for linear referencing that is used to find measures on routes. It also allows to you to display point and linear events as graphics and label the measures. This doesn't appear to be in the ArcGIS Pro Location Referencing for Pipelines tool set and web event editor. Web event editor has a similar but very limited functionality for performing these functions. For example, web event editor can only find measures on the continuous network, the ArcMap tool can find measures on any route reference like continuous network or engineering network .  Many end-users on my team have been looking for this lacking functionality in ArcGIS Pro's Location Referencing for pipeline tool set. It's a very simple and practical tool to have when working in a linear reference information model. 

3 Comments
deleted-user-FrOR7qrGn6Op

Got on the community forum to say the same thing... almost a year later and no word? I find myself switching back and forth from ArcMap to ArcPro for this reason, among many others where Pro just hasn't developed the same basic functions as ArcMap but then location referencing is being picked apart and parsed around between the two programs. 

KoryKramer
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

A new linear referencing user interface is added in ArcGIS Pro 2.9, including a Find Routes command and pane.  See the What's New

KoryKramer_0-1636676186632.png

Find Routes

Also see Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 2.9 for many other ideas you can expect to find when you upgrade.