Export Table GP tool — Option to remove field domain

04-24-2023 11:20 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1

When using the Export Table geoprocessing tool:

It would be helpful if we had the option to not use an existing domain in an output field. Currently, it looks like all domains in the source table will be carried over to the exported table.

Bud_0-1682360362256.png

1 Comment
Kerry_Shakarjian

I agree with this. Bringing extra domains that are not needed into an existing geodatabase leads to bad data management.  We have all seen it happen.

It would also be nice to make it an option to remove domains in the feature class to feature class tool. I was trying to figure out a way to quickly disconnect one domain from many fields prior to using the feature class to feature class tool because I didn't want the domain attached to the input data to be output into my geodatabase.

The Remove Domain from Field tool is burdensome to have to go to each field and remove it. I looked at what the batch of this tool does and it just allows multiple inputs. I was hoping it would allow multiple field inputs but that wasn't the case. If there was a tool that allowed for selecting a domain to remove from all fields in a feature class, that would be great!

Kerry_Shakarjian_1-1688678458685.png

I then looked at the Domain Usage table and if there was a way in there to quickly disconnect a domain from all the fields at once to no avail. It would be another great location to have the option to disconnect the domain from all the fields or some of the fields listed.

Kerry_Shakarjian_0-1688678201729.png