Select to view content in your preferred language

Export features - do not export fields removed from within geoprocessing pane.

06-18-2024 02:38 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

Following a spatial join, the workaround I mention here requires me to select at least one field from my join data.

Having done so, I have an extraneous field in my layer with an active spatial join. Seeking to make a permanent layer, I R click > Data > Export features.

Here, under Fields, I navigate down to the extra field (Loc_name in this case) and click the red X. I expect this to mean that this field will not appear when I click run.

Incorrect!

The field still appears in my output feature class. It also reappears when I go to reopen the tool from my GP history:

wayfaringrob_0-1718746639010.png

The same happens even if I click Edit and remove it from the pop-out window.

This is a suggestion to have the red X functionality remove the field from the output. I am unsure what it is doing currently, but it would be much more useful if that's what it did.

2 Comments
wayfaringrob

Another observation: if I hold my mouse click on Run, the field I removed reappears just before running. Is there some kind of apply/save button I'm missing here, or is this another oversight?

wayfaringrob

Yet another issue: renaming output fields does not work. The exported feature class does not include any of the field namings specified in the geoprocessing pane. Is this really where we're at with quality control? Very, very disappointing.