Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 160090 too confusing; needs better explanation

07-13-2023 07:28 AM
Labels (1)
Craig_Eissler_Iceman
Occasional Contributor III

The current Error 160090 Description reads: "A persisted domain record with the specified name does not exist".

But what does that mean? I ask all kinds of people, including Esri Support, and no one really seems to know. ...And, besides, what does a domain have to do with an invalid join issue which is described here.

Cause: The Error is caused by adding a join to an existing join, where the Input Table was the Join Table in the existing join. 

Solution: Use the same Input Table as the existing Input Table or start a new Add Join with a different Input Table.

I suggest the Error/Help page be re-written OR create anew Error code for this particular Invalid Join issue, perhaps with the wording similar to above.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
2 Comments
JonathanNeal

@Craig_Eissler_Iceman Yeah super confusing.  Looking into it now.

Detials if needed:
Reviewed the error message and it is only used in 1 location in the code (Could be multiple ways to get to that code, but will assess it in detail shortly).  The best way for doc feedback is to use the link on the bottom of our doc  topic link because it routes it more effectively to me.  But, either way still glad for the feedback so it can be improved.  Messages without actionable ways to get users working again are bugs.

160090: A persisted domain record with the specified name does not exist.—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

SamanthaEarnest1

Thank you for posting this. I had a student send me a screenshot of this error, and I came here to figure out what was going on. I agree that the text should be more clear about what the problem was.