Enhanced Magnifier window for ArcGIS Pro

04-09-2015 09:33 AM
Labels (1)
AndyAston
New Contributor III

Please include the Magnifier window in ArcGIS Pro and update the functionality to support feature snapping with the crosshairs.  At present (ArcGIS for Desktop), if the Magnifier window magnification scale is too big the crosshairs are not as useful without snapping.  In addition to other applications, this is needed for utility mapping and/or large scale visual QA/QC.

7 Comments
JayJohnson6

Is there any magnifier window at present?

KristinaRose1

I would also like to know if ArcPro has a magnifier window at present. I have searched high and now and have found nothing.

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Under Consideration

DavidWheelock2

Here's a related issue.  The overview map is also not in Pro.  Please give it a Kudo.

Add Overview Map to ArcGIS Pro like ArcMap has.  ArcMap Equivalence.
https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/add-overview-map-to-arcgis-pro-like-arcmap-has-arcmap...

MDPSAdmin

This is essential to Editors.  Maybe not for ordinary users

DAVIDWADSWORTH_LVVWD

I don't know if other users would find this helpful but here's my hack. It may not be useful for editors where so much real estate of your screen has been used up with other menus like the attribute window, catalog pane, contents panel etc. 

I add a second map, and set this to a large scale (1:500). I copy content into it. Then use the View tab> Link Views > Center.  The trick is not to use the Center and Scale option. This second zoomed window will act as that magnifier and you need to fiddle with it to get the features at the center. The zoomed map window may be minimized by left-clicking and dragging the divider of the two windows (resizing to collapse) when not needed.  It can also be floated and placed on a different monitor. This can be done by grabbing the map window 's top bar. 

Try that. Does it effectively create a magnifier window?

AmeliaBradshaw
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.1. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.1.

The Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.1 blog will be wrapped up soon, highlighting all Ideas implemented in this release, including this one. Once complete, I will add the link to this comment.