Enable the 'Select All' button.

09-28-2018 08:12 AM
Labels (1)
LouToscano
New Contributor III

ArcMap 10.4.1

I create a select all button in the Customize Mode window, and place it in a toolbar. 

I go back and select a feature class in the table of contents.

I see the Select All button is grayed out.

ESRI customer service says this function is not working and that I must go back to what I was doing (and I should mention it here):

Right click on the feature class, in the dropdown, go to Selection, and in that dropdown, click on Select All.

4 Comments
KoryKramer

Thanks for submitting the idea, Lou.  

I understand that you're working in ArcMap, but wanted to let you know that this functionality is available in ArcGIS Pro.  Because ArcGIS Pro in designed to be context sensitive (meaning that the application understands when I have a certain layer selected and enables tools that will work on that layer...) using the Select All (Select all features in layer) command works as you're requesting.

LouToscano

Thank you Kory!

I don’t have Pro; I’ll check out your linx.

Regards,

Louis L. Toscano Jr.

Senior GIS Technician, Compliance and Technology

Brick Utilities

1551 Hwy. 88 West

Brick, New Jersey 08724-2399

732-458-7000 ext. 4242

Ltoscano@brickmua.com

KoryKramer

No problem, Lou.  But know that as long as you are current on your desktop maintenance, you DO have ArcGIS Pro.  ArcGIS Pro is not an additional purchase, rather it is a part of ArcGIS Desktop.  

See What You Get with ArcGIS Pro | Esri 

I just wanted to make sure you weren't under the illusion that you didn't "have" it.  It just needs to be installed and authorized and you can work with Pro side-by-side with ArcMap.

The system requirements are different so you'd want to make sure you meet those, and here is the help to Download and install—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop.

Finally, there are a ton of learning resources.  ArcGIS Pro Learning Resources

I hope this helps!

LouToscano

Thank you Kory,

I didn’t know that I have Pro.

I will check out your linx.

Thanx mucho!¡

Louis L. Toscano Jr.

Senior GIS Technician, Compliance and Technology

Brick Utilities

1551 Hwy. 88 West

Brick, New Jersey 08724-2399