Enable Attachment Table Relates in Pro

02-12-2021 04:11 PM
Labels (1)
BrianRobeson
New Contributor III

I need to be able to navigate attachments in Pro from the parent table to the related attachment table and back to the parent table.  This is standard relates and relationship class functionality, but it doesn’t work with the attachment relationship class or a relate created in the map.  This functionality is available in ArcMap and was available in Pro until the 2.4 release.

Scenario:  I have field workers conducting inspections.  Some inspections require photos.  These photos are collected as attachments.  Sometimes field workers complete the inspection but forget to take a photo and need to identify which locations were missed in order to return and take the photo.  There are approximately 1,500 inspection locations per event. 

The ArcMap workflow is:

1. Add the feature class and the attachment table to a map.
  2. Create a relate based on the same fields as the attachment relationship class.
  3. Select all records in the feature class and use that selection to select related records in the attachment table.
  4. Use the selected records in the attachment table to select records in the feature class.
    • This gives me all the records in the feature class that have an attachment.
  5. Switch the feature class selection.
    • This gives me all the records in the feature class that don’t have an attachment.
  6. Use select by attributes to remove records that don’t need photos.
  7. The remaining selection is the list of features than need an attachment but don’t have one.  This is the list that my field workers need in order to return and take the required photo.

Please consider enabling this workflow in Pro.  Thank you!

1 Comment
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Closed

Upon further investigation, we have this logged as the following bug: https://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/QlVHLTAwMDEzMTQyMg==  If you are affected by this missing functionality in ArcGIS Pro, please visit that link on the support site and click Subscribe.

KoryKramer_0-1617130309846.png

Not only will this set you up to receive status updates, it will also increment the count of affected users which is important to help teams prioritize the work.

Thank you!