Select to view content in your preferred language

Easy navigation between attribute table and attribute pane

11-27-2023 06:37 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

This idea has been changed. It was originally "Attribute Table — Right-click row to open attributes pane". Now it is "Easy navigation between attribute table and attribute pane".

ArcGIS Pro 3.2; Mobile Geodatabase:

When viewing a standalone table in the attribute table:

Bud_0-1701095485885.png

It would help to be able to open the attributes pane by right-clicking a row —> Attributes.

I'm aware that we can open the attributes pane from the Map and Editing ribbons. But the user might have a different ribbon open, so it would require an extra click. Or, new users might not think to look for the Attributes button in the ribbon when exploring rows in the attribute table. A right-click option in the attribute window would be more obvious and convenient.

14 Comments
RandyCasey

@JMutunga Thanks. I think I have used that option before but it's not readily accessible, therefore I forget about it. And that leads me to my later point of having that command be more accessible from a data entry point of view, like my suggestion of a button that is able to be tabbed to from the field form. If I have to stop my data entry to mouse over to and/or scroll up/down to the table tree root and right click, then my workflow has been interrupted and my overall efficiency has dropped.

Bud
by

For what it’s worth, I’m flexible regarding my original idea. If there are more suitable alternatives, that’s fine with me.

Let me know if I should change the title of the idea to something more generic to capture the other ideas here. Such as, “Easy navigation between attribute table and attribute pane”. Or something else.

AlyciaRajendran_esri

@Bud I think that sounds like a good idea, the new title works. Thanks!

Bud
by

Regarding, @RandyCasey's comment:

I would also love to see an option to right-click the "Click to add new row", which would add the new row and open the Attribute Pane with the new row selected, because in my mind, the Attribute Pane is the best option for new data entry. This could also possibly be an environment default option to automatically open the Attribute Pane any time a new row is created in a table, because what I usually do is create a new row, then open the Attribute Pane to add new data, because the data entry tools are more robust in the Attribute Pane.

I have a related idea here: Attribute Table — After using "Click to add new row", click row header to commit and select row