Do not maintain an empty default geodatabase from a project template in ArcGIS Pro

04-03-2019 02:18 PM
Labels (1)
DalindaDamm
Occasional Contributor

When creating a new project utilizing a project template in ArcGIS Pro, 2 geodatabases are generated; one from the original project the project template was created from, and one for the new project being created. In many cases, the project that is used to build the project template is more or less a shell and will have an empty default/home geodatabase. We propose that if that default/home geodatabase is empty, that it not persist in future projects created using the project template. Leaving it as it is, users can easily end up with a bunch of unnecessary geodatabases when trying to utilize project templates to attempt to standardize various projects.

5 Comments
RichardLittlefield

Interesting idea. This would solve my issue when creating templates. See idea Creating Project Templates without Default File Geodatabase.

DalindaDamm

Absolutely. I actually commented on that post yesterday to highlight this new idea. Thanks for helping link these ideas/issues

by Anonymous User

I absolutely agree. Thank you for posting.

NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration

TorbjørnDalløkken2

@NaicongLi Are there any updates on this idea from ESRI?