Display X,Y Coordinates at each vertex.

02-21-2013 03:37 AM
Narendra_BabuVattem2
New Contributor II

Some times when we print the maps from ArcMap, user may need to display the coordinates at each vertex of the geometry. Now we are adding the X, Y values at each vertex manually. If we can get an option to display coordinates as a graphics for the selected feature or element it would be grate.
3 Comments
JohnStreeb
I don't know what license level you have, but if you have ArcInfo (or whatever the new equivalent of that is), there is a geoprocessing tool called "Feature Vertices To Points" in the Features Toolset within the Data Management Tools (at least its in v10, so I would assume they left it in v10.1).  With that tool you could create a point feature class from the vertices and then just label the points. 
Just a thought, hope it helps.
JurajKrumpolec
@jstreeb: Nice procedure, but why so complicated? Why the user has to duplicate data?

Access to vertex data and their labeling should be much more simple (like requested in I want to view the Sketch Properties (xyz-values) without starting an edit session).
wayfaringrob

It'd also be nice to be able to just snap to vertices when copying coordinates -- if I want to know the exact coordinates of something, I'm not sure of any easy ways to do that currently without running a GP tool or starting an edit session.