Deselect feature from layout view without activating map frame

05-16-2023 08:44 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor

Simply put: I would like to be able to clear any feature selections made on all maps in a layout without having to activate or open them. At the moment, the clear selection button on my quick access toolbar grays out. I work in the layout view quite a bit, and anything to reduce the back and forth would be welcome.

Tags (2)
3 Comments
wayfaringrob

Also -- it is possible to deselect things from the layout view without activating a map in a place like the attribute table or pane, so the lockout on the QAT button really doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

wayfaringrob

You can select features when a map is hidden from the attribute table or select by attributes/location. Why is it so hard, then, to deselect them? I see no need for the deselect button to be 1) inaccessible unless added to QAT and further 2) disabled even when it is. It just adds unnecessary clicks that add up. Why not keep the map tab in the ribbon, too? There are plenty of functions on it I'd like to use from layout, but I'm forced to switch back and forth - activate, deactivate. It would be like having to shift your car into neutral anytime you wanted to use the brake pedal -- makes no sense.

rburke_0-1697175654455.png

AndreaB_

I've had this happen to me also! Enjoy your idea posts as always 😊