Delete style items from style item picker

10-27-2022 06:21 PM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Honored Contributor

It would make a lot of sense to be able to just remove style items that you don't need/want right when you are most likely to see them - in the style "item" or "scheme" picker. Despite always-right-click, right-clicking them does nothing; in the case of the gallery view within the symbology pane, it actually acts as a left click. Not to mention that the gallery is not even available in the pane for graphic layout elements, and is only accessible from the ribbon gallery for some reason.

To actually remove the style item, it's a pretty cumbersome, unintuitive trip through the catalog view:

1. insert
  2. catalog view
  3. styles
  4. favorites
  5. manage
  6. show
  7. style class
  8. right click & delete.

Would be a lot simpler to just remove them from here with an R click on the item. Since I haven't found a good way to format paint in Pro, I find myself saving a lot of random things to a style, and it's way too complicated to delete them once I no longer need it.

rburkebsrc_0-1660234876995.png

(Would also help if the style categories functioned like folders in catalog view).

5 Comments
CraigWilliams
Status changed to: Closed

As stated in the other issue. We have no plans to do add this. You cannot delete items from the system styles and this would create an odd mixed experience where some items can be deleted and some cannot. If you really want only your own style items, unreferenced all the system styles and use only your own styles.

wayfaringrob

@CraigWilliamsI am not requesting to delete items from system styles. I understand that you have no plans to add this, hence the idea.

by Anonymous User

Yes!  My own styles: I've actually tried to delete a "Favorite" polygon symbol in the gallery view within the symbology pane before by right clicking - and it changed my polygon symbology like I had left-clicked! It was so strange! I was looking for delete but I get no menu at all. @CraigWilliams can you reopen this please? - it's a good idea. We are very used to an odd mixed experience within Pro - sometimes things are right click (and sometimes you can't right click because it acts like a left click), sometimes ribbon only, sometimes you have to click on a layer in the Contents Pane to get a pop-up ribbon because the option isn't there otherwise, sometimes what you need is only in a pane, sometimes you get a pop-up menu or a box, the list goes on and on. It makes the brain swirl. 

AndreaB_0-1667484989197.png

wayfaringrob

@CraigWilliams  I am asking again that you reopen this idea, thanks.

AndreaB_

Still think this is a good idea