Definition query QAT icon

04-28-2023 09:24 AM
Labels (1)
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

I apply, disable, and modify definition queries quite frequently in my work. For this reason, I have put the layer definition query selector and the build definition query buttons on my quick access toolbar.

The selector is a bit redundant since the Build Definition Query button also brings you to a screen where you can select a different query, but it doubles as an indication that at least the layer I have selected has a query turned on.

The 'Build Definition Query' button itself, though, has no icon and instead spells out those words, taking up quite a bit of space on the only toolbar Pro gives you:

rburke_0-1682698679903.png

I think my preferred solution would be custom toolbars (so that space is less of a concern) and something like this idea that allows for easy indication that a query is active on every layer (at a glance, without selection), and one-click access to this screen from the TOC indicator:

rburke_1-1682698716554.png

But if that's not going anywhere soon, then it would be nice to have a smaller QAT button for those who prefer to work more efficiently/without the ribbon. Thanks.

5 Comments
TanuHoque
Status changed to: Under Consideration

TanuHoque
Status changed to: In Product Plan

feberhard

Hi! How can i activate the "definition query selector" in my quick access toolbar? I can't find it in the commands list in the "Customize the Quick Access Toolbar" window.

KoryKramer

@feberhard right-click the selector from the Data tab>Definition Query group on the ribbon, then Add to Quick Access Toolbar.

KoryKramer_0-1691539051013.png

TanuHoque
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.